Photo from www.pe.comToucans are becoming more and more popular as family members in the household. I tend to find newer diets on the market for them every time I go to buy - like recently. So I thought I'd offer a spot where you could find various toucan diets, so you know exactly where to find them. Toucan Pellet Diets:
- Mazuri ZuLife Soft-bill Diet (5M12) - Between 50-125 ppm
- Kaytee Exact - Between 100-150 ppm
- Zupreem Low Iron Softbill Diet - No greater than 80 ppm
- Pretty Bird Softbill Select - Less than 75 ppm
- ZuLife Bird Gel (5ME4) - 70 ppm
- Nutrazu ZuLife Soft-bill Diet (5M19) - Less than 90 ppm
Note: "ppm" means "parts per million" and is in reference to how much iron is in the diet. The lower the parts per million (amount of iron) the better for your toucan. You toucan does need some iron, however, it's easier to add iron to their diet than have to get it out of their system.
Article by Jamieleigh Womach. She has been working with parrots and toucans since the age of 17. She isn’t homeless but is home less than she prefers to be. She travels the world with her husband, daughter, and a flockful of parrots whom she shares the stage with.